Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is a non-invasive treatment for back, neck, hands, arms, shoulders, scalp and face, it is deeply relaxing and stress releasing, perfect for those problem areas of tension.
It is an integral part of the Ayurvedic healing system that originated in India, millennia ago, and has been passed down through generations.
The technique consists of manipulating soft tissues in the shoulders and scalp. The therapist uses a range of different massage pressures and rhythms to stimulate the head and neck area.
Indian Head Massage usually begins with working on the upper back and shoulders using a combination of deep massage techniques and pressure on release points helps to relax and loosen the muscles. Moving upwards, from the back into the shoulders and upper arms helps release tension in muscles (such as Trapezius and Levator Scapulae) to release stress and tension.
This helps to alleviate headaches. It also improves the circulation of the cerebral spinal fluid. Continuing with the upward movement, the scalp is then massaged using techniques that stimulate, relax and revive the entire head and scalp. This increases circulation and promotes healthy hair growth.
Also included is a gentle face massage to aid circulation, improve skin tone, and reduce sinus and headache problems.
Indian Head Massage Benefits: –
- Aids the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems
- Frees knots of muscular tension and relaxes connective tissue
- Stimulates arterial circulation, and increases venous and lymphatic flow
- Reduces stress and can induce a feeling of euphoria
- Stimulates the skin and underlying nerve endings
- Aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products
It is particularly effective in addressing the effects of stress.