Colon cleansing is not a new idea. For thousands of years, people across the world have enjoyed the health benefits. Why don’t you join them? In fact, the treatment today is safer, simpler and very well regulated with our two therapists at Arcturus being trained by the UK’s leading Colonic Hydrotherapy organisations – ARCH, so you know you are in expert hands.
Colonic Hydrotherapy or colonic irrigation as it can be known is a safe and effective method of cleansing the colon by using warm filtered water under very low pressure to repeatedly flush the colon. Specialised massage techniques on the tummy area encourage and stimulate release.
Why would I need the treatment?
Our modern lifestyles involve eating food that is grown in a way that is very different from our ancestors as well as our huge exposure to all number of toxic chemicals. Our bodies struggle to expel these and we end up with toxic waste that accumulates over the years.
Our busy lives mean that we often ignore the ‘urge to go’, stress is a way of life plus our diets are high in dairy, gluten, red and processed foods, refined carbohydrates, sugar, artificial sweeteners with too little vegetables and water being consumed.
Why is this accumulation dangerous?
Sadly, for all the factors previously described, bowel cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the Western World in non-smokers in the UK.
Even those that think they are eating a “good” diet will be surprised by the amount of faecal waste that has accumulated over the decades in their colon.
For all of these reasons, everyone can benefit from cleansing the bowels together with an improved diet and lifestyle. Your therapist can advise you on this.
What are the benefits of having a course of Colonic Hydrotherapy?
- Improved bowel regularity.
- Help resolve constipation. Colonics do not make the bowel lazy, unlike damaging laxatives. Colonic Irrigation exercises and strengthens the bowel, promoting a return to regular, complete bowel movements. A clean, healthy and fully functioning bowel will drastically reduce the probability of you incurring bowel cancer.
- Improve your digestion.
- Help resolve problems such as I.B.S. (irritable bowel syndrome), bloating, wind, diarrhoea and heartburn.
- Boost your immune system.
- A healthy and clean environment encourages friendly bacteria to grow.
- Can resolve candida, thrush as well as bad breath.
- Enhance absorption of vitamins and minerals.
- Alkalise your body. Most people have an overly acidic body due to overconsumption of meat, dairy and grains. An alkalised body will keep you free of disease and help to keep you looking young and feeling vibrant.
- Increase your energy levels and improve your mood.
- Feel lighter, fresher and energised.
- Relief from lethargy and fatigue.
- Mental clarity, reduced headaches, enhanced sleep.
- Clearer and brighter skin complexion.
- Help resolve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne.
- Assist in weight balancing and body shaping. A course of colonics may assist you in losing inches or weight due to the release of stored waste material and gas.
- Following a deep cleanse you will feel more motivated to improve your diet.
- Hydration of the body. 60 – 80 litres of purified water is used throughout a single treatment. After you have felt the benefits of colon hydrotherapy you will be more motivated to stick to the recommended drinking of 2 litres of water per day.
How much does a treatment cost?
Your consultation and treatment will cost £80.
What do I need to do before a treatment?
You don’t need to do anything special before your treatment, but for your own comfort, you should avoid a heavy meal or drinking a lot immediately before your appointment. You should also avoid alcohol.
What happens when I come for a treatment?
- Your appointment will include a full consultation, followed by the treatment, which will last between 50-60 minutes.
- You will be covered with a towel during your treatment so that your privacy, comfort and dignity is maintained.
- A disposable speculum is very gently introduced.
- Only a controlled amount of water is allowed to enter the colon at any one time.
- Throughout your treatment you will receive specialised massage techniques on the abdominal area will be used to encourage the release of stored matter and gas.
- One of our colonics therapists, Rebecca Bindon, primarily uses the hands-free colonic technique so that she can influence remotely areas of the body that require stimulating or sedating.
What happens after my treatment?
Most of the important bowel bacteria are present on the bowel wall and are not removed during colon hydrotherapy. However, if your therapist thinks that your bowel bacteria may be out of balance, they may suggest a probiotic after your treatment.
Several treatments can be necessary to clean the faecal waste that has accumulated over the years in the bowel. Your therapist will better be able to advise you after your treatment and whether or when you need to return.
You can continue with your normal daily routine, including eating and drinking. However, you should avoid any foods that you know irritate or upset your stomach and avoid alcohol.
Your therapist will offer advice on healthy eating options to help you maintain the benefits you have gained from the treatment.
How to book?
You can either contact our reception team on 01803 868 282 or our ARCH trained practitioners directly.