What is Colonic Irrigation?
Colonic irrigation, also known as Colonic Hydrotherapy, is a safe and effective method of cleansing the colon by repeated gentle flushing with warm filtered water under very low pressure, using specialised massage techniques on the tummy area to stimulate release.
The treatment is odourless and is not painful
Why would I ever need to clean my colon? Isn’t it enough to just go to the bathroom?
Unfortunately in 90% of cases just going to the toilet is not enough. You might wonder: “Why?”
Because our “modern lifestyles” are completely unnatural and this leads to a build up of toxic waste in our bodies that accumulates over the years.
Many factors contribute to this faecal accumulation, the most common are:
- Busy lives and ignoring the ‘urge to go’
- Diets high in gluten and dairy
- Red meat and processed meat consumption
- Refined Carbohydrates and Sugar
- Processed foods, artificial preservatives, sweeteners and other chemicals
- Low intake of water with consequent dehydration
- Low intake of vegetables
- High alcohol consumption
- High caffeine consumption
- Fizzy drinks
Why this Accumulation is Dangerous for You?
Sadly, for all the factors previously described, bowel cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in non smokers in the western world.
- Every year more than 000 people die of bowel cancerin the UK.
- More than 000 people died from bowel cancerthe year 2008 in Europe.
- Bowel Cancer killed a total of about 600.000 of peoplein the year 2008 in the entire world.
These sad statistics help a lot in understanding the great danger of our unhealthy modern lifestyles.
Even those that think to be following a so-called “good” diet will be surprised by the amount of faecal waste that has accumulated over the decades in their colon.
For all of these reasons, everyone can benefit from cleansing of the bowels and an improved diet and lifestyle.
How Might You Benefit from a Course of Colonic Irrigation?
Improve bowel regularity
Help resolve constipation. Unlike damaging laxatives, Colonics do not make the bowel lazy. Colonic Irrigation exercises and strengthen the bowel, promoting a return to regular, complete bowel movements. A clean, healthy and fully functioning bowel will drastically reduce the probability of you incurring bowel cancer.
Improve digestion. Help resolve problems such as I.B.S. (irritable bowel syndrome), bloating, wind, diarrhea, heartburn.
Boost your immune system.
- Create a clean, healthy environment for friendly bacteria to grow.
- Resolve candida, thrush, bad breath.
- Enhance absorption of vitamins and minerals.
Alkalise your body. Most people have an overly acidic body due to overconsumption of meat, dairy and grains. An alkalised body will keep you free of disease and help to keep you looking young and feeling vibrant.
Increase energy levels and improve mood
- Feel lighter, fresher and energised
- Relief from lethargy and fatigue.
- Mental clarity, reduced headaches, enhanced sleep.
- Clearer & brighter skin complexion
Help resolve skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne.
Assist in weight balancing and body shaping. A course of colonics may assist you in losing inches or weight due to the release of stored waste material and gas.
Following a deep cleanse you will feel more motivated to improve your diet
Hydration of the body. 60 – 80 litres of purified water is used throughout a single treatment. After you have felt the benefits of colon hydrotherapy you will be more motivated to stick to the recommended drinking of 2 litres of water per day.
What Happens when I Come for a Treatment?
- Your appointment will include a full consultation, followed by the treatment, which will last between 50-60 minutes.
- You will be covered with a towel during your treatment so that your privacy, comfort and dignity is maintained.
- A disposable speculum is very gently introduced.
- Only a controlled amount of water is allowed to enter the colon at any one time.
- Throughout your treatment you will receive deep skilful abdominal massage to encourage the release of stored matter and gas.
What Happens After my Treatment?
- Several treatments are necessary to clean the faecal waste that has accumulated over years in the bowel, which is 5 to 6 feet long. For this reason I highly recommend a starter course of 3 or 6 treatments. An assessment will be done after each treatment as to when you should come back.
- I will give nutritional and lifestyle advice at the end of each session.
- I will recommend a high quality probiotic culture to restock the bowel flora.
- The improved environment combined with a good diet will encourage the ”good bacteria” to grow, boosting your immune system, bowel health and overall well being
In House Practitioners –
Sally Jobes – 07813852363 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Bindon – 07968 962827 – email@example.com